5 Go-To Tips to Keep Your Child Active!March 25, 2022
Parenting is no small task! Among rushing to school in the mornings, providing meals throughout the day, to bath time, bedtime, and everything in between, it’s safe to say parents are superheroes for getting it all done. Although parenting has its trials and tribulations, all aspects do not always have to be complicated. Continue reading for a list of 6 parenting hacks that are sure to make your life as a busy parent easier:
- Prep food in advance: We get it! Coming home and having to cook dinner after a long day of work can be exhausting and time consuming, especially when you want to wind down for the day! Prepping easy to easy-to-cook meals in advance and freezing them is an easy way to take the guesswork out of figuring out what to cook for dinner. There are countless recipes online for prepping and freezing in advance that range from hearty protein-filled meals to more filling options. Find meals and recipes that work for you and your family’s dietary needs, and we are sure you will feel a weight lifted off of your shoulders when you come home and do not have to think about what to cook or where to eat out; it ends up being healthier in the long-run as well.
- Use a laundry basket during bath time: Bath safety is essential, especially for infants and children who are still very young and do not know how to swim. By placing a laundry basket that has holes in your tub, your child will have a little more room to freely grab their toys and bend over without having access to the entire tub all at once. Although this gives your child a bit more freedom during their bath time, it is crucial that you never take your eyes off of your child during bath time or around any body of water.
- Put their medication in a pacifier: Parents of infants and toddlers are well aware of the struggle it could be to get them to take medication. One tip that’s worth a shot if your child uses a pacifier is to cut a hole at the tip just large enough to fill with the necessary medication and allow them to suck on it. If your child does not use a pacifier, speak to their pediatrician to see if there are specific flavor options that your child may like better.
- Ziplock bag painting: It is vital to allow children to explore their creative side, but does it always have to be messy? Not always! Add some non-toxic, washable paint to a zip lock bag, and now your little one can finger paint without the mess. (Using washable paint is essential if your child manages to open the bag).
- Hot glue bath toys: Bath toys have been known to collect mold and bacteria, but we have a little trick to prevent that from happening! Simply take some hot glue and glue the hole in the bath toy so that water cannot get trapped, eventually resulting in mold growth.
- Inflatable pool playpen: Inflatable pools can make great playpens for babies or toddlers. While keeping a close eye on them, add their toys to the pool and allow them to explore and play!
Although parenting has its challenges, there are ways to get creative to make the task a little easier. We hope that these parenting hacks serve you well and save you from unnecessary trouble. If you have questions regarding your child’s health, remember that the office of Dr. Alfonso J. Henriquez is always here for you and your children! To schedule your child’s appointment, please call our office at 561-275-7100.